Tipsy Olives Variation
Posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014
Who says the olive in your martini has to be green? Not me. These kalamata olives are my newest Tipsy Olives Variation. A delectable cocktail garnish, or for nibbling during your happy hour. Dry vermouth, garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs, whole black peppercorns and a big pinch of red chili flakes give these Tipsy Olives plenty of zip.
My original Tipsy Olives. Here’s the easy recipe, which works with a wide variety of olives. Have some fun shaking up your olive world.
- green pitted olives (or your favorite variety)
- a sprig or two of fresh rosemary
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- a peeled garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- enough dry vermouth to cover everything
Place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a fitted lid. Mix, cover, and refrigerate. Give it about a week to infuse. Two is better.